Saturday, May 21, 2011

Load Developement Savage 12 260 LRP































































Well I finally got to get started with my load development for my Savage 12 260 LRP. I will put this disclaimer in before I get started, I am not a professional marksman by any means. I will say that so far I am very impressed with my PST 6x24-50 FFP mil/mil. Vortex has really put a lot of thought into this scope, I installed my zero stop shims this week and it was so easy a caveman could have done it. After twisting the turrets all the way up and back down several times, it still held zero. My shots were off of a bi pod w/ no support.
My best load was:
C.O.A.L. 2.900
43 grns. H4350
Rem. No. 9 1/2 Magnum Primers
140 grn. Berger Bullets
Lake City Army Match 308 brass necked down
5-shot group outside measurement was .8095 or center to center .5455
I loaded some different loads with RL-17 w/ the 140 Berger but they did not group as well. I also loaded some 120 Nosler Bal. Tip w/ H4831, still needs some work. I will post more info on the 120's when I get it closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment